Aiken's Makin and Touch a Truck are this weekend. September 19 is SEED day at USC-Aiken.
Spirit Day: next week wear your favorite sport's team gear.
Journal: Use your senses. Describe what you see, hear, smell, feel, and taste while lying on the beach. If it's been a while since you went to the beach, do the same for your back yard. 5 + sentences.
Fix-it: Week 3 (look up vocabulary words, mark the grammar, fix the errors, re-write the four days).
Upper Elementary/People and Places: We practiced telling the two outlines from lesson 2 out load. Be sure you are also doing that at home. We started Lesson 3 "Information." We are only going to do the source for 3A. I started that KWO in class.
We discussed book covers. These tell the author and illustrator for a book as well as the title and an illustration of the book to get you interested in it. Pages 34-35 have an optional activity of creating your own book title.
For homework: Lesson 3A--finish the KWO. Practice telling the entire outline out loud at home. Run through it several times, making a change or two each time. Optional--book cover on page 35.
Middle School/Investigations: Lesson 2 "Ring of Fire." I checked rough drafts. Remember to review the rule for writing numbers. This is on page 21. Page 26 has vocabulary practice. Your checklist is on page 27. This is how I grade your papers--it matters! Next time we'll start lesson 3 "Dead Sea."
For homework: Lesson 2 "Ring of Fire" final draft. Be sure you have at least one -ly adverb and one vocabulary word from Lesson 2. These are on the first page of the lesson as well as p. 26 with the vocabulary practice. Also be sure your paper is double-spaced--learn how to set that up before you start typing. Your name and the lesson number should be on the upper left-hand side. The title should be centered.
High School I: Prince Caspian--read chapters 5-8.
Narnia: I did not get around to discussing the next lesson which is a new unit. The Fix--it lesson took up a lot of class time. I did check rough drafts of lesson 2. We reviewed the checklist which has two dress ups on it--ly adverb and who/which clause. I had hoped to start Lesson 3, a new unit, but ran out of time.
For homework: Final draft of Lesson 2 "A Suit." Use your checklist on page 19. Be sure you are formatting your paper correctly and have the needed dress ups. Also, please pre-read the source text for Lesson 3 "Aristotle." I did hand out a sample KWO for the three parts, but apparently these were not passed around to everyone.
High School II:
Fallacy Detective: Lesson 7 exercises pages 46-48. Write the definitions for the fallacies we are learning on note cards.
Lord of the Flies: Read chapter 5
Windows: Do Exercises 2 & 3, pages 35-36. Follow the directions and answer the questions.
Read the two data center articles. Mark them with important facts. You may find pros and cons or you may just find factual information.
No comments:
Post a Comment