And we thought winter was over.... Surprise.
Journal: Imagine you lived in a town or city that has canals for streets. How would you get around? Get to school? See friends? Buy groceries? What would emergency vehicles look like? What are the advantages or disadvantages?
Fix-it: Week 26
Bible Heroes: I took up Lesson 22 "Mary" final drafts. I checked Lesson 23 "Jesus" rough drafts. Be sure you change the title! The checklist is on page 135. We started a new unit with Lesson 24, writing from pictures. I demonstrated the KWO for you. You may make changes. This is writing from the brain, so you can make some changes as long as you stick with the pictures. Try to use some sense words--adjectives, verbs, -ly adverbs--in your draft.
For homework: Lesson 23 "Jesus"--polish your rough drafts. Lesson 24 "The Determined Shepherd" write a rough draft. Checklist is on page 140.
Wonders of Science: I checked drafts of Lesson 20 "Invention." This lesson adds in the #5 adverb clause sentence opener. Part 2 of this assignment is in Lesson 21, adding in the introduction and concluding paragraphs. These have specific formats/structure. Be sure you follow the directions. The lesson includes sample paragraphs. Yours will be different because your invention will be different.
For homework: Lesson 20--polish and add in any sentence openers and dress ups. Lesson 21--p. 205--fill in the KWO; p. 207--fill in the KWO. Write both paragraphs as rough drafts. I'm really focused on the structure, so dress ups and sentence openers are extra credit.
High School I:
The Horse and His Boy--read chapter 1
Narnia: We skipped Lesson 21. You are welcome to read through it. It does have a new sentence opener.
We discussed comparing/contrasting in Lesson 22 "Peter & Edmund." We discussed the sample in the textbook. If you notice, it follows this format:
I. (T.S) Peter & Edmund, (an event they both experience)
note lines 1-3--Peter's experience followed by discussion
note lines 4-6--Edmund's experience followed by discussion
Clincher
Use the questions on the sample (p. 135) if you need help. The topics on p. 135 are what you will write about. Only write on one.
We will be skipping Lessons 23 & 24. Our next assignment will be writing from the brain about chores.
Homework: Lesson 22 "Peter & Edmund"--complete the KWO on page 136. Write a rough draft. Checklist p. 138--dress ups extra credit; sentence openers required; triple optional.
High School II: MLA: The Easy Way--review pages 5-27.
Till We Have Faces: read Part 2, chapter 3.
Research Paper: We spent most of the class on this. We reviewed in-text citations, the format for paragraphs, the possible topics, formatting the Works Cited entries. I checked any outlines and body paragraphs. If you email me a copy ahead of time, I have more time to read your drafts.
For homework: four additional body paragraphs with in-text citations and quotes. Preferably at least one direct quote per body paragraph but at least two citations per body paragraph.
No comments:
Post a Comment